Departments 1 & 2, Livestock Shows
Ben Rigas, Director
Committee: Ben Rigas, Mark and Regina Detweiler, Travis and Sue Turnquist, Tyler Turnquist, Taylor Sills, Rachel and LA Dunaway, Rebekah Detweiler.
Exhibitors’ Passes — Each exhibitor of livestock will receive a pass granting admission to the grounds at any time during the Fair.
Entry forms are due by Sept. 29 2021.
Mail entries to:
P.O. Box 1224
Rome, GA 30162-1224
Applicable to ALL Livestock
- Entries must be submitted by Sept. 29, 2021.
- All entries must be classified immediately upon arrival at Fair and classification cannot be changed.
- All animals for competition in these classes must be registered or acceptable for record in the recognized herd books and certificates of registration produced in time for showing if required.
- All livestock must conform to health regulations as outlined. No livestock will be allowed entry onto the show grounds without the proper health records and tests required.
- All animals being exhibited must have an official certificate of veterinary inspection (health certificate) and show proof of the requirements for the appropriate species.
- All livestock will be subject to health inspection by an official veterinarian before entering the fairgrounds.
- Entries may be removed from the fairgrounds after 8 PM, Saturday, October 9, 2021.
- An exhibitor may not have more than two entries in any one class in competition for prize money.
- The contestants must be present at the time of judging or arrange to have the animals shown.
- Ribbons will accompany premium through fourth place.
- All premiums will be paid by the treasurer of the Coosa Valley Fair Association, Inc.
- All livestock must make a creditable showing in order to qualify to receive a premium. Where there is no competition in class and champion showing, either second place or reserve champion money may be given.
- Each exhibitor must furnish his own feed,
feed troughs and water pails.
- Veterinarian service for all animals, while at the fair, will be made available at the owner’s expense.
The fair will not be responsible for loss or damage to any exhibit, but will give the best care and attention to prevent loss or damage to any exhibitor.
- Bark for bedding will be provided free of charge.
- If you plan to compete in Showmanship, you must declare on entry form.
- An entry form signed mailed with the correct entry fees by September 29th, 2021 for the entry to be complete.
- Entry fees are $20.00 per animal. There will be an additional $20 late fee for each entry postmarked/received after September 29th will be charged a $20 late fee; no exceptions.
Please keep in mind that entry fees are nonrefundable; no exceptions
Make check payable to: Coosa Valley Fair
Mail to: Livestock Department
P.O. Box 1224
Rome, GA 30162-1224
All returned checks will be subject to a $20 processing fee.
NOTICE- LIVESTOCK EXHIBITORS
Applications for all livestock entries should be in the hands of the Fair Association 10 (TEN) days prior to the opening date of the Fair. Priority in the allocation of exhibit space will be made according to date and time of application. Late entries will be charged an additional late fee.
Each exhibitor of livestock will receive a pass granting admission to the grounds at any time during the Fair.
JUNIOR & OPEN SHOW SCHEDULE
HOG SHOW 10/5/21 @ 6 PM
BEEF SHOW 10/6/21 @ 3PM
GOAT SHOW 10/6/21 after Beef Shows
LAMB SHOW 10/7/21 @ 6 PM
DAIRY SHOW 10/7/21 after Lamb Shows
PEE-WEE SHOW 10/8/21 @ 6 PM